Forgiveness is for Real
Pastor Ernie Wouters
May 26, 2019
Define – A ___________________ event as any unexpected event that affects you physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
The tipping point for full life freedom is ______________________.
God is Good – Seven Edge – Seven Reasons
1. God is Good because HE knew we would have ______________________ (John 16:33) but He told us to take heart that through Him we could overcome it!
2. God is Good because He came so that we could have an __________________ Life (John 10:10), as well as eternal life. (John 3:16)
3. God is Good because through Christ we have access to all
_______________________knowledge and understanding.
4. God is Good because there is no ______________________ love than this then to lay down your life for your friends.
5. God is Good because He has a ______________________ and pleasing will for my life. (Romans 12:1-2)
6. God is Good because He has made a __________________ to set us free from being captive from any offense in life.
The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind. To set free those who are oppressed, to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19)
7. God is Good because – nothing is ____________________ with God. (Luke 1:37)
Forgiveness is the most _________________________concept to communicate.
Forgiveness is the most difficult concept to ___________________ and apply as a person.
Forgiveness is _______________________ an offence!
Misunderstandings about Forgiveness;
– If I forgive them then they are off the _______________ – not true – God is perfectly Just.
– If I forgive them then I am a doormat – not true – you are the ______________________one.
– If I forgive them then there are no consequences – not true – _____________________ has consequences.
– If I forgive them, they go free – not true – if you forgive them you go ________________!
Troubles are Coming
These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you
May have peace. In the world you have tribulation but take courage;
I have overcome the world.”
The Dilemma – The Power of the Soul
Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17