W.O.W. – a place of fun & learning for women of all ages! Our Vision: Creating a community of friendship, fun, faith & fulfillment!
9:30 am – Noon in the gymnasium: Fall 2017
Discovery Playgroup – A totally free playgroup for kids ages 0 – 5 & their caregivers.
For Moms/Dads/Guardians & their kids to play.
Please bring your own snacks.
2017: Women of Worth Studies
Tuesday Evenings Bible Study: Fall, 2017 begins September 12, 2017 in room 104 7:00 – 9:00 pm:
- Study: Entrusted – A Study of 2 Timothy by Beth Moore (This is a DVD study)
We were never meant to take this journey of faith alone or in secret. God has entrusted us with the great and mighty gift of the gospel, something too precious and life-giving to keep to ourselves. In this Bible study, Beth will encourage you to guard what God has entrusted to you, further His kingdom by sharing Christ with others, and pour into future generations just as Paul once mentored Timothy. Because in this journey of joy and hardship, we need each other to stay the course and live a life of faithfulness.
- No Registration necessary, please join us! – all ages welcome!
- Fall Study begins September 13th, 2017 in the Coffee House 9:30 – 11:15 am
- (Childcare is provided free for ages 0 – 5)
- Study: Red Hot Faith by Jennifer Rothschild
If you’re tired of being pulled into a swirling, lukewarm routine of life that keep you from experiencing God’s best, this Bible study is for you! You’ll explore the early church of Laodicea (Revelation 3:14–22), made up of people just like you who struggled with trying to “juggle it all” and moving out of their comfort zones. This exciting, interactive study shows you how to turn up the heat, fuel the fire of your faith, and strengthen your relationship with God.
- Study:The Rest of the Gospel by Dan Stone/David Gregory
“Do I have life ‘more abundant’?” That’s a question millions of Christians have asked down through the ages. Dan Stone asked that question during a time of spiritual frustration in his own life and God answered by showing Dan he had been living only a part of the gospel message. Dan’s search led him to discover the truth of “Christ in you” as “the rest of the gospel” that most Christians overlook. Readers who are hungry for a deeper experience with God will resonate with Dan’s discovery of “the rest of the gospel,” which is indeed rest for everyone who is willing to finally let go and let God.
- Study:Bruce & Stan’s Guide to Cults, Religions & Spiritual Beliefs by Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz
With their extensive biblical knowledge and notable senses of humor, Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz help readers strengthen their Christian walk in specific areas of practical, everyday living. Bruce and Stan say, “Here is our purpose, plain and simple: to provide an understandable overview of predominant religions and spiritual beliefs (with a little sense of humor thrown in along the way.)” This book outlines the core issues of more than a dozen different religions. It provides insightful explanations that not only help readers understand what others believe but also encourages them to think through their own beliefs.
- (**other studies will be added soon)
Thursday Afternoons: Fall, 2017 begins September 14th, 2017 1:30-3:00 pm in Room 200 (coffee is on at 1:00 pm)
- Study: Me, Myself, and Lies: A Thought Closet Makeover by Dr. Jennifer Rothschild
This study encourages women to clean out the junk in their minds and replace hidden negative thoughts with positive truths from God’s word. Words are powerful. Especially the words women speak to themselves. All too often, what they say to themselves when they lie in bed at night or look in the mirror in the morning is not even close to the words God wants them to speak to their souls. According to Rothschild, what we think about often has a ripple effect on nearly every area of our lives
Thursday Prayer Cells: ongoing;
- Meeting in homes the 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month at 9:30 am, & the final Tuesday of the month.
- Please call Hillcrest Church for more information & locations of Prayer Cells. 403-526-4010
- Newcomers always welcome; drop in anytime!
- No need to pre-register, just join us at any of these groups. They are ALL open to any age of women (Wednesday is the only one to provide childcare). Questions? Feel free to ask!
W.O.W. EVENTS: for women take place throughout the year. Keep Watching for Upcoming Events!
- Contact Church at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.